Friday, February 24, 2012

Sewing Circle Meeting One

My friends and I have been chatting about doing a sewing circle and it finally happened!
There were four of us and it worked out great! We all met at my house and I had everyone bring their own fabric and sewing machines. We are all at different levels of sewing. Which is why I had everyone try to bring their own sewing machines so those who hadn't sewn before could get used to using them. So it was a beginner/intermediate sewing circle. We figured that the person hosting the sewing circle would pick out the project. I used the trusty 'ol Twenty Minute Tote because I have sewn this so many times! I did switch up the handles for the bag by following this guideline from Whisk and Needles.



I use this method for making ties for my aprons also. There is so much you can do with it!

~~~

I also gave the girls a fun little print up from the blog Missie Krissie



Isn't it so funny and cute! I am going to frame mine.

~~~~

Here are the final twenty minute tote bag results of our first every sewing circle!!





These pictures make me smile because I got to have a great time sewing with some of my best friends. Plus, the bags turned out great and they each have their own flare and personality to them.

~~~

We all had learned some new sewing techniques and got to chit chat along the way. It was BYOB but I did serve some easy and great snacks that I found, of course, on pinterest. Here is what I made if you would like to include them when you do your sewing circle. They were super easy!!

cream cheese, olive tapanade and crescent rolls....so easy
Cream Cheese and Olive Tapenade


easy appetizer
I made something similar to these Parmesan knots but used premade pesto sauce and rolled them up in crescent rolls and then baked them.

Rotel dip

And last but not least, the trusty Rotel and Velveeta cheese dip! Always a hit, even with my kids.

Let me know if you put together a sewing circle! I would love to hear about it .







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback! Thanks ahead for any comments