Tuesday, November 27, 2012

This Is What's Up

I have been busy, busy, busy, making items for my ornament swap and my jingle bell bonanaza (a sale of handmade items made my yours truly and my talented sister in law from A Vintage Feel).

Just thought I would keep you up to date onto what I have been up to :).

 
These lovelies are made from beach glass. They look so pretty in your hair! Some have cabachon roses on them too. You can find these at rTrail collective in Valparaiso. A Funky Chicken exclusive!
 
P.S. I have an artist statement included in this month's email newsletter. Check it out HERE
 
 
~~~
 
 
 
 
These pretty little pockets are accompanying a reversible Holiday apron that will be for sale at the Jingle Bell Bonanza. I found the pattern at Made By RAE. It was very fun to make these! And they turned out so cute!
 
~~~
 
 
WARNING:
IF YOU ARE IN MY ORNAMENT SWAP, YOU MAY NOT WANT TO READ ON IF YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
These upcycled ornaments were made from circle bracelets, vintage yarn and pretty beads. I had everything right in my sewing room to make these gems! I am sending one out (along with some other ornaments that I have yet to reveal) to every one of the participants in my ornament swap.  I got the inspiration from Creative Jewish Mom .
 
 
~~~
 
 

 
I have always wanted to make my own granola. I am not sure why I didn't do it before! It was so easy!! I had most of the ingredients in my pantry. Rolled oats, walnuts, slivered almonds and craisins. From browsing some recipes, you can pretty much put whatever you want in it as long as there are rolled oats. I mixed brown sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla in a small pot and brought to a slow boil. Stirring as I went. Then I poured that over the above mixed ingredients. After a taste test, it still didn't taste super good. After I spread the mix out on parchment paper that was laid on a baking sheet; I poured maple syrup over the top before baking it in the oven.
 I have to say it turned out very delicious!
I made enough to fill three pint glass jars.
I love mixing it with my yogurt every morning. Very Yummy! I will definitely make it again.
 
 
~~~
 
 
I am enjoying making my holiday season and handmade one. Hope you are too!
 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you very much Funky Chicken for the ornament you sent from above. It is very nice and what a clever idea. I hope you received the ones I sent you. Merry Christmas and we'll see you next year.

    Sweet Tundra T's (Penny)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED your ornaments, they were soo cute! They looked very nice on my tree this year and every year after :) Thank you

      Delete
  2. Heya! Sure, I'd be down with being penpals! Email me. eeegadserin at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback! Thanks ahead for any comments