Saturday, February 1, 2014

Foodie Pen Pal Swap

Most people who know me are aware of my fondness for snail mail... and food.
 How fitting is it that I came across a foodie pen pal swap!?
I came across it during my usual late night internet browsing. It is put together by the ever organized Lindsay at Lean Green Bean.
http://www.theleangreenbean.com/I
If you have never done an online swap, it goes something like this. You head over to the designated website and follow the instructions for signing up for the swap. This usually includes filling out a form with your name, address (so they know where to send it), likes or dislikes pertaining to the swap, and email address so the coordinator can let you know who your swap partner is.
This swap called for the swappers to put together a package with their favorite food items ($15 limit).
Here is what I received!





Black Bean Pasta (made from black beans only!) This was something I had never seen or even heard of so that was really cool to get that!

The next item was a Basil Pesto sauce (in which my swap partner wrote to me and said she likes to put that on the black bean pasta). I LOVE pesto sauce so of course excited about that item!

She also sent me a Raspberry Peach Champagne Jam. Sounds yummy huh!? I had never tried this type of jam before and she let me know it goes well with crackers and cheese. That is right up my alley! Can't wait to try this.

Then she sent me a little assortment of teas that are her favorites.
Overall this was a really fun and exciting new swap to do. I even signed up for the next months swap, so be on the lookout for another Foodie Pen Pal Swap post.
 
Click Here to check out other bloggers that were part of the swap and see what they received!

If you would like to sign up too, just follow this link and get all your favorite foods packaged and ready to make someone's day!
*If you do plan on signing up, do so before the 4th of each month.
~~~
My swap partner doesn't have a blog so I will let you guys in on what I sent her. I am very pro-DIY so majority of the items I sent her were handmade/homemade by myself.
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
-Homemade Canned Bloody Mary Mix (with veggies from my garden)
-Mini Vodka
-Fun Recipe Cards
-Handmade Men's Shirt Apron
-Cute food stickers
I will leave you with this food for thought:

6 comments:

  1. A food swap sounds right up my alley. I might have to check that link out!

    You seem to have received such fantastic stuff! Raspberry Peach Champagne Jam sounds like pure magic so I am wondering if it tastes equally good?

    -
    tonewadventures on swap-bot from Follow Me swap

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never thought about doing a food swap before. Sounds interesting.

    devgel on swap bot Follow me #22

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love food swaps! That pasta looks like it would be interesting to try.

    -Zefaniya (Follow me #22)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm....everything you got looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this swap on another girl's blog and wondered if it was good. Do you find that you get a good selection of things and that people really do follow through? It could be super fun!

    lostinavalon via SwapBot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only done it once and I was very pleased with what I got and it was in a timely manner. I am signed up for this months swap and will definitely let you know what it is like in a future post.

      Delete

I love feedback! Thanks ahead for any comments